Dropping decimal places whern transfering to AS400?

  • Start date Start date

Transfer to I-Series proglem

When I transfer a spreadsheet to the I-Series I am dropoing the zeros to the
right of the decimal point. Exmaple 17200000123.000 will only have
1720000123 in the file created on the AS400. How do I prevent this?

You haven't told us how you are transferring the data, but have you tried
=TEXT(A2,"#.000") ?
--
David Biddulph

"Transfer to I-Series proglem" <Transfer to I-Series
news:[email protected]...

Transfer to I-Series proglem wrote...
When I transfer a spreadsheet to the I-Series I am dropoing the zeros
to the right of the decimal point.  Exmaple 17200000123.000 will only
have 1720000123 in the file created on the AS400. . . .

If the destination is a numeric field, aren't 17200000123.000 and
17200000123 treated the same in subsequent calculations? If the
destination is a text field, make the source data in Excel text.

But this is all academic. The problem is on the AS-400 side, so off-
topic in this newsgroup unless & until you provide more details about
how you're transferring data from Excel to the AS-400.

Back
Top