Downloading I.E. 6 browser (WinXP)

  • Start date Start date

lcarley

How can I download a fresh version of I.E.6 browser, which was installed on
my computer by the manufacturer, either online or from the disc? Each time
I try, I get a message stating that a version already exists on my computer
and the download won't continue. My version is corrupt...not able to
change, or view, colors in Outlook Express, pages don't load correctly...no
grid lines when there should be, e.g., tv. guide site and others.

Using Netscape, I have no problem. However, some sites will only work when
using I.E.

Sorry, if this is not the correct forum for this question. If not, can you
point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

lcarley said:
How can I download a fresh version of I.E.6 browser, which was
installed on my computer by the manufacturer, either online or from
the disc? Each time I try, I get a message stating that a version
already exists on my computer and the download won't continue. My
version is corrupt...not able to change, or view, colors in Outlook
Express, pages don't load correctly...no grid lines when there should
be, e.g., tv. guide site and others.

Using Netscape, I have no problem. However, some sites will only
work when using I.E.

Sorry, if this is not the correct forum for this question. If not,
can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378
Make sure your anti-virus is turned off.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Jerry McEwen said:
Hi, Frank, can this be done in Win2000 Pro? I reinstalled IE 6, but
still have my problems

My post from yesterday:
Subject: My IE 6 / Windows 2000 security is broken
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:32:08 -0600

Yes. The section
Windows XP and Windows XP SP1: Edit the registry and install Internet
Explorer 6
works on earlier versions of Windows.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE