Downloadable files list

  • Start date Start date

Fabrizio

HI,
I'm trying to create an aspx page that lists all files
that an user can download from a site simply clicking on
the link.
There is any example on the web?
Thanks,
Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,

Thanks for posting in this group.
Can you explain this more clear?
You can use System.Net.WebClient to download files from a web site.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Fabrizio" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Fabrizio" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Downloadable files list
| Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:42:33 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| HI,
| I'm trying to create an aspx page that lists all files
| that an user can download from a site simply clicking on
| the link.
| There is any example on the web?
| Thanks,
| Fabrizio

Hi Jeffrey,
thanks for replying.
What i'm trying to do is to redirect an internet user on
a page where he can have a list of files available to
open or download on that site. It's like a dir or LS of
the directory.
Thanks,
Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,

If you want to list all the hyperlinks(<a> flag) on the web site, I think
you can use html DOM model to retrive this.
Here is a sample of getting all the <a> flags through C#:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechar
t/html/vsgrfwalkthroughaccessingdhtmldomfromc.asp

If you want to download all the avaiable files of site's root directory,
this may can not get done. Many sites will refuse this request.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Fabrizio" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Fabrizio" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Downloadable files list
| Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:46:51 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Hi Jeffrey,
| thanks for replying.
| What i'm trying to do is to redirect an internet user on
| a page where he can have a list of files available to
| open or download on that site. It's like a dir or LS of
| the directory.
| Thanks,
| Fabrizio

| >|
| >| HI,
| >| I'm trying to create an aspx page that lists all files
| >| that an user can download from a site simply clicking
| on
| >| the link.
| >| There is any example on the web?
| >| Thanks,