david

david said:
HI,

I am having trouble with the Dlookup function . I want to use the Dlookup
function to fill up a textbox(company name) when another textbox is filled
up (card number)by the user , it works ok , but the database is not updated
with the card number !
Does anyone have an idea ?

A control on a form can either be bound to a field in the underlying table(s) or
contain an expression (like DLookup). It cannot do both at the same time. If every
card number represents exactly one company name then there should be no reason to
store both pieces of information. *Displaying* additional data with a DLookup as you
are now is the preferred way to handle it.

Rick,

I am experiencing a similar problem, in that, I was led to Dlookup by MS Online help when I was looking to populate a new record with some of the information from the previous record. The problem is that I need to update the new record with this information. For example, I have fields named Period, Month, Year for entering employees times. For every new record, I am retyping the same Period, Month, and Year for over 200 employees. Since this information remains consistent, I thought I could just pull up the information from the previous record and populate the field and then have it update. Perhaps, Dlookup will not solve my problem. Is there another way to address this problem?

----- Rick Brandt wrote: -----

david said:
HI,
function to fill up a textbox(company name) when another textbox is filled
up (card number)by the user , it works ok , but the database is not updated
with the card number !
Does anyone have an idea ?

A control on a form can either be bound to a field in the underlying table(s) or
contain an expression (like DLookup). It cannot do both at the same time. If every
card number represents exactly one company name then there should be no reason to
store both pieces of information. *Displaying* additional data with a DLookup as you
are now is the preferred way to handle it.

Back