disk checking

  • Start date Start date

Yvonne

My ststem is scheduled to do a shutdown at night and
backup my files. 2 mornings I have come into the office
and the 'checking disk' is up on the screen stopped at 33%
(or higher). What might be causing this? After I reboot
everything appears fine. Would appreciate some pointers on
what to look for or at.
Thanks, Yvonne

Sounds to me like the shutdown may be happening while the backup program is
still running causing an improper shutdown. Then chkdsk is running
automatically on the restart.
I suppose you turn the machine off and then turn the machine back on to
re-boot.
You may want to try a shutdown and restart while you are watching the
machine to see what is happening.
Joe Griffin [MS]