Disappearing Graphics (slide show photos & navigation tool bars)

  • Start date Start date

I have recently noticed that if I try to access a slide show, the photo will
appear then suddenly be gone. It also happens on some web sites ie. the tool
bar buttons appear briefly then are gone. It has been suggessted that it may
be my ActiveX controls. I'm a techno-idiot so I don't know where to look or
how to re-set anything. I think occassionally other graphics may disappear
as well since I sometimes notice a blank spot where it looks like a photo
should be on the MSN home page. Can anyone help???

karencolleen said:
I have recently noticed that if I try to access a slide show, the
photo will appear then suddenly be gone. It also happens on some web
sites ie. the tool bar buttons appear briefly then are gone. It has
been suggessted that it may be my ActiveX controls. I'm a
techno-idiot so I don't know where to look or how to re-set anything.
I think occassionally other graphics may disappear as well since I
sometimes notice a blank spot where it looks like a photo should be
on the MSN home page. Can anyone help???

Sounds like the problem I was just going to ask for help with. In the last
week or so, when I try to open some links that open a new window, the window
will appear for about a second before blinking off. Other times it's fine.
Never seen anything like this before. It doesn't happen with Firefox.

Tim

OK, so now there's 2 of us. Let's get some help here. FYI-I have no idea
what Firefox is...

Hi,
This sounds like the work of Ad-aware Pro- Adwatch the "Block pop-ups"
feature. If not being done by Ad-aware, it's probably the work of another
pop-up blocker. Examine all toolbars, add-ons and privacy/security programs
for this feature and disable it or tweak the settings.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Tim Downie" <timdownie2003[at]obvious.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
[snip]

Back
Top