Disable printing in IE

Does anyone know of a way to disable printing in IE? I am developing an
application that requires the ability to programmatically disable the ability
to print from IE.

mac

Pilotgod said:
Does anyone know of a way to disable printing in IE? I am developing an
application that requires the ability to programmatically disable the
ability
to print from IE.
Remove the printer cable? :)

Rob Parsons

I had a look at gpedit.msc and there seems to be no restrictions that you
can apply that disable the Print menu and toolbar button. Policy
restrictions would be the normal way of reducing IE's functionality.

The webbrowser activeX control has not properties or methods to disable this
feature, but if you host the control in your own application then you can
choose not to give your users print functionality. I think this is the only
viable solution.

Alternatively, create your own BHO and obtain the hwnd to IE's menus and
change the state of the Print menu to disabled. Quite a complicated and
advanced method. But achievable. You will still be left with the Print
button on the Buttons toolbar though!

Jan Il

Don Varnau said:

As this indicated to for IE5.01, will this also work for IE6?

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Pilotgod said:
Does anyone know of a way to disable printing in IE? I am developing an
application that requires the ability to programmatically disable the ability
to print from IE.

Robert Aldwinckle

Pilotgod said:
Does anyone know of a way to disable printing in IE? I am developing an
application that requires the ability to programmatically disable the ability
to print from IE.

Which OS? File permissions on NTx might do it.

---

Jan Il

Hi Don :)

Don Varnau said:
"Don Varnau" wrote in message
"Btn_Print."

As this indicated to for IE5.01, will this also work for IE6?

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE [DTS/AumHa]

Hi Jan,
Wierd combination of top / bottom / middle posting there. ;-) Those
restrictions (most- if not all) work with IE5, 5,5, 6 (probably) IE7 and
(probably... I don't remember) IE4.

Great. I just wanted to clarify if it would work for other IE versions than
just the IE5.01.

Thank you!