desktop icons @ startup

  • Start date Start date

Paul Townsend

Now that I've installed the XP Service pack 2, my machine takes almost 5
minutes to boot! Much of the time is spent just drawing program icons on my
desktop. Yes, I have a LOT of programs installed, but in the past all icons
were drawn in 10 or 15 seconds. It seems now "windows" is not just going
out to each exe and reading the icon, but maybe doing more, doing some kind
of security check maybe?

Any idea how I can tell "windows" to go back to the short procedure?

Thanks for your input.

Paul Townsend
Tucson, Arizona

Hi,

How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP

Hope this helps.

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

- - Subject: desktop icons @ startup
- - From: Paul Townsend <[email protected]>
- - Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:44:09 GMT
- -
[...]