design guidelines on msdn

  • Start date Start date

Michael Roper

http://tinyurl.com/2vnd

This is a very painful section to navigate as every atomic bit of
information gets its very own page. Is this information available anywhere
in a more printer-friendly version? Or even better, in a book?

Michael Roper

Hi Michael,

Do you have the MSDN document installed on your machine?
If you have installed, please navigate to this document page in your MSDN.
In the treeview of content of your left side, right click this treenode
"Design Guidelines for Class Library Developers", then you can use the
menu item
"Print topic and subtopics" to print these documents.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jeffrey said:
In the treeview of content of your left side, right click
this treenode "Design Guidelines for Class Library
Developers", then you can use the menu item
"Print topic and subtopics" to print these documents.

Thanks Jeffrey. Unfortunately there's no difference (other than saving much
tedium, which is a significant benefit) in output between doing that
printing by hand and doing the "Print subtopics" option. That is, every
topic that consists of a single paragraph or so (and there are a -ton- of
them) still gets its own page.

For such important documentation I'm surprised there's not a more usable
format available. Is this available in bound form, perhaps in the Class
Library Reference set?

Michael Roper

Hi Michael,

I can not find any other format of these documents.
Sorry for any inconvinient to you.
I think you can provide some suggestion to our products at the link below:
or mail to: (e-mail address removed)

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Michael Roper" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| Subject: Re: design guidelines on msdn
| Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:10:56 -0700
|
| Jeffrey Tan[MSFT] writes:
| > In the treeview of content of your left side, right click
| > this treenode "Design Guidelines for Class Library
| > Developers", then you can use the menu item
| > "Print topic and subtopics" to print these documents.
|
| Thanks Jeffrey. Unfortunately there's no difference (other than saving
much
| tedium, which is a significant benefit) in output between doing that
| printing by hand and doing the "Print subtopics" option. That is, every
| topic that consists of a single paragraph or so (and there are a -ton- of
| them) still gets its own page.
|
| For such important documentation I'm surprised there's not a more usable
| format available. Is this available in bound form, perhaps in the Class
| Library Reference set?
|
| Michael Roper

Back
Top