Deleting web addresses?

  • Start date Start date

Can someone help me here? I have cleared my history and temporary files and
when I type in http://www. then the next letter I type shows some of the web
addresses still there... Is there a way I can clear those? I did an
autocomplete and everything I know to do. I even used my spysweeper to see
if something was there... I have looked but can not find an answer to my
problem. Any help you can give me will be beneficial.

Thank You...

Hi,
These URLs you're seeing are in the index.dat file in the History folder.

CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ should be able to clear the History
and the index.dat file. Just check the appropriate boxes and run it.

Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"SoftballSaturday" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thanks Don for the website of history eraser. It really helped and I was
bugging my mind looking on the help menu and couldn't find anything. I am
glad I came here to find help.

Don Varnau said:
[...]

Back
Top