deleting things from history

  • Start date Start date

Bill

I have a problem where I can' delete something from my
internet history. Well, I don't know if history is the
right word. It's whenever I start to type an address,
it'll list off suggestions of pages I've been to that I
might be going to again. Even after I delete my history,
all other sites go away except for one and it's a site I
don't think anyone's been to on the computer
(www.softgalleries.com). I'm guessing this is because of
a virus or something. Would anyone know how to get rid of
the address from my history or get rid of the virus?

Tools > Internet Options > Content > goto Personal
Information at the bottom, click on Auto Complete button >
unclick Web Addresses. Hit ok and ok to get out.

Thanks, but I like the prompt for other addresses that I
go to often. Is there a way to just get rid of that one?

Hi,
This URL is probably coming from the index.dat file in the History folder.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

If that URL returns (or even if it doesn't) work through the solutions
(CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Find out what's been installed
without your knowledge. Also note the security tips on that page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Bill" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Back
Top