Deleting old homepage entries

  • Start date Start date

I'm using IE 6.0 on Windows XP SP2.

When entering a new homepage in the "internet options" window (on the
general tab), it lists some other homepages that have been put there remotely
by other websites, as I do not remember putting them there myself. I can't
seem to delete them. Is it possible to do so? I would like to delete these
old/odd entries. Thanks.

Hi,
Clearing the History from Internet Options> General may get rid of these
URLs.

If not, they're in the index.dat file in the History folder.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Or, CCleaner (freeware) from http://www.ccleaner.com/ is reported to
completely clear out the History folder.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"ctillery" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...