delete

  • Start date Start date

shakey

Is there a way to make IE6 stop asking me if I really want to delete this
message after each deletion. Its really a P.I.A.
SG

shakey said:
Is there a way to make IE6 stop asking me if I really want to delete this
message after each deletion. Its really a P.I.A.
SG

What message and on What page?.
Please write back with more Info like Operating System Version, Applications
installed, Anti-viruses software and it will be helpful with the whole
message you been represented with for any one here to be able to help,
otherwise all you get is a guess!.
Thank you.
Please write back with more info if you need further help.
Regards,
nass

This was addressed on a MS site several years ago. Their statement was that
some people hit delete in error. By asking for a confirmation, the person
is given a chance to recover their data, or simply change their mind before
deleting.

VickiH

"shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net> wrote in message
Is there a way to make IE6 stop asking me if I really want to delete this
message after each deletion. Its really a P.I.A.
SG

Nass I really think this is overkill for the simple question I asked and
believe its IE6 specific and op system irrelevant
BUT
XPpro Sp2 op sys
Any Message "such as yours"
Apps installed---Too many to list
Av software is McAfee but that's also irrelevant

Sorry if I seem annoyed but I normally post all the typical information
needed to get assistance.I believe and believed that what I posted was
sufficient and you are overanalyzing the question.
But thanks anyway
SG

Hi SG,
Sorry if I over done it, but it was for your sake I didn't mean to offend
you in any way.
If you are using a web browser E-mail Account, you can set up this on your
Account Option if available!, the same if you are using Outlook.
But by Default Windows include this Feature to protect the user from
deleting by mistake any files he/she/they are not sure if they want to delete
so they can still revert back by saying *NO* or retrive it from the Recycle
Bin if not deleted for Good by SHIFT + DEL/Bypass the RecycleBin.
P.S you don't get by any chance a Check box on the bottom of this warning to
not show this message again?.
HTH.
Regards,
nass

Thanks nass And my apologies as well.
I hear that same default info from other sources so I guess its to be lived
with. No check box.
Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.
SG

Back
Top