Defining Forms in Word 2002

P

Phil

First, apolgies for posting to three groups ... wasn't sure which was the best
place to ask about this.

I've come across some paper stock that consists of basically 3 IBM "punch cards"
mounted via perforations on an 8.5"W x 10.5"L carrier. I would like to define this
physical form to Word 2002 so that I can "call it up" when necessary.

The 3 punch cards are each 7.3"W x 3.25"H. (In other words, they're in what I guess would
be landscape mode).

The first of the 3 punch cards begins at the top of the 8.5 x 10.5 carrier. At the bottom
of this card, after the perforations that allow it to be separated from the carrier, there
is a strip of .25"carrier before the perforations that designate the top of the 2nd card.

This repeats after the 2nd card leading to the 3rd; there there's another .25" strip
before the end of the physical carrier.

I hope that the description above makes sense; I'm sure my terminology isn't the most
accurate in terms of Word.

The question(s) is(are) 1) What's the proper terminology ... form / template / paper / ???
2) How do I define this "thing" to Word? Ideally, I would like for Word to recognize that
at the end of the "logical" page (IOW, the 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd card), the next logical
page begins on the next punch card on either the same, or next "carrier". Again, does
that make sense?

Thanks very much in advance ... I love these punch cards for notetaking or especially for
sending people directions when they need them ... they're so convenient when you're
driving. If I could just print them out from Word, it'd be even that much more so. I'm
VERY much a Word novice.

Phil Z

S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

The first thing to do is make sure there isn't already a label definition
for these cards. If they are standard stock (such as Avery), you'll probably
find that there is. If not, look at the Details section of several types of
cards to see how they are defined. You can then set up a custom label
definition and save it for reuse. From your description, it sounds as if
these cards are continuous forms intended for dot matrix printers, so select
that radio button in the Labels dialog.
--