Dead hyperlinks in a listbox

  • Start date Start date

Gary Schuldt

I have a control with a list of hyperlinks.

At first, I had it as an unbound combo box, but the disadvantage was that I
had to first select the item from the list, then the cursor became a hand,
and then I'd have to click it again to go to the hyperlink. Otherwise, it
worked fine.

I thought I could cut the user action down to just one click if I converted
the combo-box to a list box. They could mouse over the desired hyperlink in
the list, click it, and voila!

However, when the data is displayed in a listbox, it is not "live": No hand
appears, even after I click the item once.

I noticed in the Properties for a combobox, there's a property called
Hyperlink (Y/N), and I had it set to Y. But I don't see the same property
for the listbox.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Gary

Subject: Dead hyperlinks in a listbox
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:09:06 -0700

[...]

Hi Gary,

What you see on the listbox is just a text representation of the hyperlink
and not the hyperlink itself. As a result, clicking the text representation
does not fire the url.

To get the same look and feel, try a subform instead of a listbox.

Hope this helps,

Back
Top