DCR-IP5

• Thread starter Thread starter Craig
  • Start date Start date
C

Craig

I have a Sony DCR-IP5. I lost the s/w that came with it
called MovieShaker. MovieMaker doesn't see the camcoder.
Any suggestions?

Craig

I have exactly the same problem except I have an IP7 and MovieShaker still installed. I actually can't get MovieMake or ULead's video editing software to recognise my camcorder. Yet I plugged a friend's JVC DV camcoder in and XP instantly recognised it by name, fired up MovieMaker and let me record straight away

I'm still trying to get it to work so if I do I'll let you know

Milo

I have the same problem ,I have a Sony DCR-IP45 with micro-mv technology and my Sony Vaio RZ-34G which I bought withWindows XP home edition installed, SO that I could edit and produce my own videos does not recognize it. Also when I have used a friends Sony DV handycam it recognizes it immediately and I have no problem capturing video from there.
If you have any solutions I would really appreciate i
Very Frustrated.

Micro mv is different technology to minidv. Unfortunately
you are very limited to which software you can use to
edit your mmv movie. MovieShaker, supplied, should do it.
Studio 8 from pinnacle had limited support, some users
found it worked, others didn't. It may be worth a visit
to www.pinnacle.sys.com and see how the new studio 9
fares, hopefully you may be able to get a trial version
and see if it works before purchase.

Media Studio Pro 7 seems to work ok with mmv according to
this message
http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/viewtopic.php?
t=5177&highlight=mmv

Also it was discussed quite a bit here, with some more
links to useful information.
http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/viewtopic.php?
t=5615&highlight=mmv

Graham
-----Original Message-----
I have the same problem ,I have a Sony DCR-IP45 with
micro-mv technology and my Sony Vaio RZ-34G which I
bought withWindows XP home edition installed, SO that I
could edit and produce my own videos does not recognize
it. Also when I have used a friends Sony DV handycam it
recognizes it immediately and I have no problem capturing
video from there.

According to Pinnacles website, the latest version of their software Moviebox DV with Studio 9(version 9.0) support MicroDV - FINALLY! I have ordered it, and will let you know if it works....fingers crossed!

According to Pinnacles website, the latest version of their software Moviebox DV with Studio 9(version 9.0) support MicroDV - FINALLY! I have ordered it, and will let you know if it works....fingers crossed!

I have brought and installed Pinnacle Studio Version 9.0 'Moviebox DV'. This is the only package that i have found that works. It includes an offboard 'movie box' hw component that transfers the micro DV feed to your firewire port on your PC. The MicroDV format is still somewhat proprietory, and even with this software still will not support windows media format, but does support and work very well for everyother format i have tried. The software is also very intuiative...

Back