DBX. FILES

  • Start date Start date
The folder with the .dbx files are all your mail folders and messages in
those folders like the inbox, sent, delete, outbox and any you create. To
find it's location, just right click on any one of them and select
properties.

Hi,

Dbx files are the mail and news message stores for Outlook Express. Why?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

I am going to deleted them
Rick "Nutcase" Rogers said:
Hi,

Dbx files are the mail and news message stores for Outlook Express. Why?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

Hi,

Ok, again, why (are you going to delete them)? Is there a problem?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

There is two problems and I've been posting them In the outlook express
groups sense 1-14-04 and all I get is read this read this don't do no good
if you don't know what your reading or what to do so your just left hanging
this computer is only a month old so there can't be to much junk in yet.

D said:
There is two problems and I've been posting them In the outlook
express groups sense 1-14-04 and all I get is read this read this
don't do no good if you don't know what your reading or what to do so
your just left hanging this computer is only a month old so there
can't be to much junk in yet.

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers said:

On the contrary, I'm willing to bet you've got all *kinds* of junk in
your computer already. Since we don't know what your problems are, we
can't really help you with your Outlook Express files. Here are some
generic troubleshooting steps that may be useful to you:

1) scan with current antivirus ("current" means a version not earlier
than 2002 but using updated virus definitions); 2) remove spyware with
Spybot Search & Destroy (www.security.kolla.de) and Ad-aware
(www.lavasoftusa.com). Be sure to update these programs before running,
and it is a good idea to do virus/spyware scans in Safe Mode; 3) delete
temporary and Temporary Internet Files; 4) stop unnecessary services
programs from starting with Windows - see www.blackviper.com for
services info and www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm for programs
info - 5) look in Event Viewer for clues.

Malke

Back
Top