Day light savings time

  • Start date Start date

Bob Mack

Just downloaded Microsoft's path for day light savings time for this year.
And every time I restart my PC I get the following message from task
Scheduler
Some task did not execute at their scheduled time..
I only have 1 task and the runs weekly ..every fri , scan for viruses.
Any ideas ,, Could be the patch ?
Bob

I found the problem , I went back into Task Scheduler , and looked under tab
under that there is a tab for hidden task , I had 2 task that have not run
in a year -- deleted the task
rebooted and every thing is ok
Bob

Hello, Robert!
You wrote on Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:24:39 -0500:

RM> I found the problem , I went back into Task Scheduler , and
RM> looked under tab advanced
RM> under that there is a tab for hidden task , I had 2 task
RM> that have not run in a year -- deleted the task
RM> rebooted and every thing is ok
RM> Bob
RM> ??>> Just downloaded Microsoft's path for day light savings
??>> time for this year. And every time I restart my PC I get
??>> the following message from task Scheduler Some task did
??>> not execute at their scheduled time.. I only have 1 task
??>> and the runs weekly ..every fri , scan for viruses. Any
??>> ideas ,, Could be the patch ? Bob
??>>

I know Congress has changed the US daylight savings start dates
for this year but won't the synchronization process deal with
it?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Hello, Robert!
You wrote on Fri, 2 Feb 2007 07:05:19 -0500:

RM> Microsoft has a patch for it
RM> Bob
??>>>>
??>> I know Congress has changed the US daylight savings start
??>> dates for this year but won't the synchronization process
??>> deal with it?
??>>
??>> James Silverton

Thanks Bob! So it will really be necessary to install a patch? I
guess I don't know what signal is transmitted from Fort Collins
during sychronization.
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java
says it displays the "Offiical" US Time.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Hello, James!
You wrote to Robert McEvoy on Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:04:47 -0500:

RM>> Microsoft has a patch for it
RM>> Bob
??>>>>>
??>>> I know Congress has changed the US daylight savings start
??>>> dates for this year but won't the synchronization process
??>>> deal with it?
??>>>
??>>> James Silverton

JS> Thanks Bob! So it will really be necessary to install a
JS> patch? I guess I don't know what signal is transmitted from
JS> Fort Collins during sychronization.
JS> http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java
JS> says it displays the "Offiical" US Time.

To add to my own post (sorry): I am going to be interested also
in what happens to my sychronized wristwatch. It knows about
time zones (a very useful feature when travelling!).

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not