date stamp

  • Start date Start date

I run BeforeUpdate in a Form for a DataUpdated field. It works when I move to
next record. However, I want to choose next record from combo box instead.
But this generates an error because the BeforeUpdate won't run until you move
to next record. Only then can you use the combo box again. Have you got
suggested way round this?

If you use the BeforeUpdate event of the *form*, the event will fire before
you move to a new record.

If you are using a combo box to navigate to another record, you can get an
"Update without Edit" error which appears to make no sense. You can avoid
that by explicitly saving any edits before you attempt to move record. This
fires Form_BeforeUpdate, and so your DataUpdated field is correctly
recorded.

To explicitly save, use:
If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.

"Date stamp error when selecting combo" <Date stamp error when selecting
news:[email protected]...

Back
Top