DataSet DiffGram Question

  • Start date Start date

John Lee

Hi,

When I use DataSet.WriteXml(filename, XmlWriteMode.DiffGram), the xml file
contains current values (at <InvDataSet> node) and original value (at
<diffgr:before> node) - this means the original values are stored somewhere
in DataSet, Can someone tell me how can I access those original values from
code?

Thanks very much!

John

Hi John,

You can use AcceptChanges method to update the dataset and then
invoke the dataset's GetChanges method to get a new dataset that consist
by the modified values.
You can get the original value from the old dataset wipe off the modified
values

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "John Lee" <[email protected]>
| Subject: DataSet DiffGram Question
| Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:28:21 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Hi,
|
| When I use DataSet.WriteXml(filename, XmlWriteMode.DiffGram), the xml file
| contains current values (at <InvDataSet> node) and original value (at
| <diffgr:before> node) - this means the original values are stored
somewhere
| in DataSet, Can someone tell me how can I access those original values
from
| code?
|
| Thanks very much!
|
| John