Database Navigation Button(s) Class

  • Start date Start date

Les Cardwell

I'm developing a dbms app, and would like to reduce the
code for the nav buttons to a class. I've developed a
form class for the forms to be used (cFormTemplate), but
haven't decided where to place the code for the nav
buttons...

1. Within the cFormTemplate class.
2. Create a seperate cButton class.
3. Create a seperate class for -each- button.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thx,

Les

Hi Les,

I would pick option # 2 because you can instantiate buttons of a
specific type and function. You can probably inherit from the
System.Windows.Forms.Button class (or the web versions) and then have
complete control over the behavior of buttons in your cButton class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tommie Carter

Thanks Tom. It's what I suspected, but I'm still trying
to get my head around this stuff. Old dogs can learn new
tricks, their just slow <g>

Les

I would pick option # 2 because you can instantiate buttons of a
specific type and function. You can probably inherit from the
System.Windows.Forms.Button class (or the web versions) and then have
complete control over the behavior of buttons in your cButton class.

Tommie Carter
wrote in message [email protected]>...

Back
Top