Creating Online forms from PDFs

  • Start date Start date

Pawan

Hi Guys,
I have this current assignment where I have to develop online forms for
local municipal authorities. I have to use adobe acrobat to create online
forms from PDFs (which I have never done before and have no idea how to do
it). Now these online forms will be shared by 1200 users. VB and ASP will be
used as glueware for the writing/coding. For eg, we will be creating
navigation pages in ASP & linking into adobe. Any resource on this topic
would highly be appreciated.

Thanks and stay blessed.
Pawan.

Hello,

Pawan said:
I have this current assignment where I have to develop
online forms for local municipal authorities. I have to use
adobe acrobat to create online forms from PDFs (which
I have never done before and have no idea how to do
it). Now these online forms will be shared by 1200 users.
VB and ASP will be used as glueware for the writing/coding.
For eg, we will be creating navigation pages in ASP & linking
into adobe. Any resource on this topic
would highly be appreciated.

0% related to the VB.NET language, SQL Server XML and ADO.NET. You may
want to turn in ngs about Acrobat and the PDF format.

Hi,
I do not know what is invovled in creating online forms, but since you
question is here I assume you are going to take some SQL info use SQLXML on
it and want that to go to an FO type transform. This would let you use your
Xml queries , transform them into Pdf. Actually if you are already creating
Html it really may not be too hard. So go to these sites:
www.antennahouse.com they have the best gui to try your hand at this, and
their doc is pretty good. They use a com interface so you can run the whole
thing in IIS. All the other will require that you setup sometype of sevlet
enviroment to invoke them.

http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.html this is the freebe. I did not find it
useful but may have to use it.

And get Pawson's book XSL-FO and check out his site for more info
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/index.html and he has pointers to others. There
is another vendor XEP but it is also a servlet affair.

I thought the MS guys were real helpful. Makes you wonder if they will keep
Xml much longer. They don't even seem to support the recordset interface
which is how it all started.
Howie ([email protected])