Creating child Form from within another child form

  • Start date Start date

VM

I would like to display a child form inside of an MDI but the problem is
that I'll be invoking that child form from within another child form.
If I use this code:
frmReportViewer frmReportViewer = new frmReportViewer();

//frmReportViewer.MdiParent = this;

frmReportViewer.Show();

It'll create the form but it won't be inside the parent MDI form.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Hi VM,

I think you should do like this:

frmReportViewer.MdiParent=this.MdiParent;

HTH
Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "VM" <None>
| Subject: Creating child Form from within another child form
| Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:42:17 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| I would like to display a child form inside of an MDI but the problem is
| that I'll be invoking that child form from within another child form.
| If I use this code:
| frmReportViewer frmReportViewer = new frmReportViewer();
|
| //frmReportViewer.MdiParent = this;
|
| frmReportViewer.Show();
|
| It'll create the form but it won't be inside the parent MDI form.
|
| What can I do?
|
| Thanks.

Back
Top