Create pop3 mailboxes progmatically

  • Start date Start date

Ron Vecchi

I a runnning w2k3 pop3 mail server that came with iis6.
I would like to write an application that progammtically creates the new
mailboxes in an already established mail domain.

Does anyone know how I would access this funcationality?

Thanks,
Ron Vecchi

Hi Ron,

This funcationality is a new one introduced by Microsoft, I have not find
useful document for this.
I have consulted someone others for the programming interface of pop3 mail
server.
I will do the research after I got some useful information and I will reply
to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ron Vecchi" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Create pop3 mailboxes progmatically
| Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:32:48 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| I a runnning w2k3 pop3 mail server that came with iis6.
| I would like to write an application that progammtically creates the new
| mailboxes in an already established mail domain.
|
| Does anyone know how I would access this funcationality?
|
| Thanks,
| Ron Vecchi

Hi Ron,

After you installed the pop3 mail server, there will be an exe file
winpop.exe in the System32 directory which can create the mailbox like this:
"winpop add (e-mail address removed)"

You can use .Net process class to invoke this exe to create a new mailbox.

After you installed the pop3 mail server, there will be option for you to
specify the authentication type.
If you use the Local Windows User Authentication, you can create a mailbox
with the name of the exist local user.
But if you want to create a mailbox that not is the name of local user, you
should create the user first. The winpop also has a commandline arg
/createuser, you can invoke it from your .Net application also.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ron Vecchi" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Create pop3 mailboxes progmatically
| Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:32:48 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| I a runnning w2k3 pop3 mail server that came with iis6.
| I would like to write an application that progammtically creates the new
| mailboxes in an already established mail domain.
|
| Does anyone know how I would access this funcationality?
|
| Thanks,
| Ron Vecchi

Hi Ron,

I am glad it goes well.
Because the feature of pop3 mail server on win2003 is a new comer, there is
very few document in MSDN.
If you want to develop on it, I think you can refer to the help document
that followed by the pop3 mail server after you installed it.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ron Vecchi" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Create pop3 mailboxes progmatically
| Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:38:20 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Great thanks, should get me going pretty good.
| | >
| > Hi Ron,
| >
| > After you installed the pop3 mail server, there will be an exe file
| > winpop.exe in the System32 directory which can create the mailbox like
| this:
| > "winpop add (e-mail address removed)"
| >
| > You can use .Net process class to invoke this exe to create a new
mailbox.

| > After you installed the pop3 mail server, there will be option for you
| > specify the authentication type.
| > If you use the Local Windows User Authentication, you can create a
mailbox
| > with the name of the exist local user.
| > But if you want to create a mailbox that not is the name of local user,
| you
| > should create the user first. The winpop also has a commandline arg
| > /createuser, you can invoke it from your .Net application also.
| >
| > Hope this helps,
| >
| > Best regards,
| > Jeffrey Tan
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| > This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Ron Vecchi" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Create pop3 mailboxes progmatically
| > | Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:32:48 -0400
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| > |
| > | I a runnning w2k3 pop3 mail server that came with iis6.
| > | I would like to write an application that progammtically creates the
new
| > | mailboxes in an already established mail domain.
| > |
| > | Does anyone know how I would access this funcationality?
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | Ron Vecchi
| > |