Couldn't open the IE windows more than one

  • Start date Start date

Abdul Jaleel

Hello Everybody,

The problem of IE of my Windows XP is it cannot open the
multiple windows, I cannot access the multiple sites at a
time. Please help me out of this problem..

Your quick response will be appreciated.

Your Friend

Jaleel

Hi,
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows
for launching shortcuts."

And... you have a program running which is blocking pop-up windows-
something like Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar, a firewall,
Earthlink (or another) pop-up blocker, etc.

You'll have to turn off the feature that's blocking new windows or, perhaps,
uninstall the program.

With some programs of this type, using Ctrl+click or Shift+click will allow
a new window.

If I've misunderstood or this advice doesn't help, please reply to this
thread.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Abdul Jaleel" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Sorry for the stupid question, what is a Ctrl +click, what is the click?
Does that mean just holding down the shift or ctrl key and then clicking the
blue e for another window? Is there a kind person that has knowledge of the
programs you mentioned for the enabling of the pop-ups, I have the same
problem, I can't download anything again, because of the pop-up disabeling
somewhere. Isn't there a Win XP feature for that? I use AZ 5 and I have
popups on, I have Norton and I think I have popups on, I also have Spybot
1.3 and ad-aware 6, but don't know where to turn on popups to be allowed.
Many many thanks in advance....Peter

Hi,
(Not a stupid question) With most pop-up blockers, holding down either the
Ctrl key or the Shift key while you (left) click on the link will allow a
second window. Many users seem to not know that their Yahoo toolbar (for
example) is blocking new windows. The other programs I listed also block
pop-ups. You'll have to look at toolbars or other add-ons for IE to find the
one that's causing your problem. Sometimes you can disable the pop-up
blocking feature. Sometimes you need to uninstall the program.

Getting to the task list from Ctrl-Alt-Delete may show these programs. Or
(from IE) View> Toolbars or just View> may show one that you've forgotten
about. Or it may show in the Systray or from MSCONFIG> Startup.

Don

Back
Top