Cookie Question!!

I reformatted my harddrive and then loaded everything on my computer again.
I went online and was prompted whether or not I wanted to accept a cookie
from a website and I clicked "no". Now, I want to search something on the
site, but it won't let me because my PC isn't accepting cookies from that
particular site. I've tried adding them into the trusted sites and added
them to accept cookies from and it still won't allow me to get into it. What
else can I try?

USMC CPL WYF said:
I reformatted my harddrive and then loaded everything on my computer again.
I went online and was prompted whether or not I wanted to accept a cookie
from a website and I clicked "no". Now, I want to search something on the
site, but it won't let me because my PC isn't accepting cookies from that
particular site. I've tried adding them into the trusted sites and added
them to accept cookies from and it still won't allow me to get into it. What
else can I try?
Hi USMC,
Did you Remove the Website from the Blocked Site, to do that try this:
Go to IE Properties >> By Right Click IE Icon on your Desktop, then select
Properties from the Sun-Menu.
On the IE Properties Window Click on Privacy Tab and Click on the Button
Labled Sites and there you will find all the websites you blocked or allowed
access or Cookies Rather.
Select the website Address you want to access and Remove from the List.
Hope this Helps
Please write back here
nass

I right clicked on IE from the start menu and selected properties. The only
tabs I have are... General, Shortcut and Compatibility. I went through my
program files and right clicked on IE and it gave me these tabs... General,
Version, Compatibility and Summary. Either way I didn't find anything that
said privacy. Any other options???

USMC CPL WYF said:
I right clicked on IE from the start menu and selected properties. The only
tabs I have are... General, Shortcut and Compatibility. I went through my
program files and right clicked on IE and it gave me these tabs... General,
Version, Compatibility and Summary. Either way I didn't find anything that
said privacy. Any other options???
You got me, sorry, what the IE version and the Operating System, you looks
like have IE5 Ver and are you loged as Admin.
nass

USMC CPL WYF said:
I right clicked on IE from the start menu and selected properties. The only
tabs I have are... General, Shortcut and Compatibility. I went through my
program files and right clicked on IE and it gave me these tabs... General,
Version, Compatibility and Summary. Either way I didn't find anything that
said privacy. Any other options???
Another thought, when you are try to access this website or type the URL,
look down on the Status bar in the Bottom of the Screen and you will see a
RED eye this the privacy in your IE. Double click on it and it will open and
from there you can Remove the web address.
Try to update your IE Version if you have an old one.
Good luck
nass

Daniel Crichton

Don't right click on the IE icon in the start menu or the taskbar, it has to
be the one on the desktop (if you have one). You can access the same options
by running IE, go to the Tools menu, then choose Internet Options (last item
on the list).

Dan

USMC wrote on Sat, 27 May 2006 10:01:02 -0700:

USMC CPL WYF said:
I reformatted my harddrive and then loaded everything on my computer again.
I went online and was prompted whether or not I wanted to accept a cookie
from a website and I clicked "no". Now, I want to search something on the
site, but it won't let me because my PC isn't accepting cookies from that
particular site. I've tried adding them into the trusted sites and added
them to accept cookies from and it still won't allow me to get into it. What
else can I try?

Allan

"COOKIE PROBLEM. I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE" <COOKIE PROBLEM. I HAVE THE SAME
This seems to be a browser issue, "usmc cpl wyf". The settings are
determined inside your browser (ie,f**2,opera,netscape?). If by any chance
you are referring to ie it is indeed the privacy tab that controls
whether/which cookies are accepted. All this is in addition to any other
security software you may or may not be using that also can block cookies,
in addition to things like http proxies/filters.

Allan

Allan said:
"COOKIE PROBLEM. I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE" <COOKIE PROBLEM. I HAVE THE SAME

This seems to be a browser issue, "usmc cpl wyf". The settings are
determined inside your browser (ie,f**2,opera,netscape?). If by any chance
you are referring to ie it is indeed the privacy tab that controls
whether/which cookies are accepted. All this is in addition to any other
security software you may or may not be using that also can block cookies,
in addition to things like http proxies/filters.
Since you imply that you are using IE, under Internet
Options|Privacy|Advanced check the box that says "Override Automatic Cookie
Handling" and specify whether you want First-party or Third-party cookies
enabled. Restart IE and try again. You may also have a corrupted cookie; in
this case delete all cookies and try again.