Converting movie maker files for play on my DVD player?

  • Start date Start date

Mark

Is there a way to put my movie maker files on a CD-R and
play them on my DVD player? I only have a CD burner. I
have put together some "movies" and currently I can only
play them on my compter.

I hope this is a question others may be interested in
also. And if it's been answered in the past can someone
please send me a link.

Hi there,

Currently the only way to achieve this is to buy a DVD writer and with the
accompanying software make a DVD.

Some home DVD players will play VCR which is a video on a CD, but the
quality I am told is way down lower than proper DVD.

In the futures, some thing not to far into the future, you will be able to
save your video together with a menu system that will play on a new
standard DVD player...the new system is called HighMat. You can use MM2 to
create such a CD right now, but it will only play on your home computer

www.VCDHELP.com

you can make a VCD with your CD burner - save a DV-AVI from Movie Maker and
check the above URL to find software that will convert and burn a VCD.

You likely DO NOT need to buy a DVD burner: if your DVD player will read
DVD-R/-RW and/or DVD+R/+RW discs, then it likely also supports VCD playback
(and will read CD-R/-RW discs too). Most "recent" (2002 or later) DVD
players support VCD playback. However, you will need third-party software
to create a VCD.

The quality of a VCD is lower than that of a DVD, but it is nevertheless
quite satisfactory for everyday use (it is roughly the same quality as a VHS
tape).

Dan

Hi there,

If you remove the vitriol from what you said...do you realize that you
almost said as much as I did??

Have you ever had a response to your email. I am in need
of the same information as you. Can you help me.

Hello There,

As you know, MM2 can create two types of file...WMV and AVI. At this time
you cannot play avi files on a stand alone DVD player. If your stand alone
DVD player has the ability to play VCD or SVCD then you can transfer a WMV
file to a CD-R with the appropriate software and play same.

You should take a look at the help file for Movie Maker 2, in particular
the section titles "Saving a movie to a recordable CD"

You might then want to visit www.papajohn.org for further guidance

Hi Again,

I should have also said, that there are stand alone DVD players for sale
that can play the HIGHMAT Audio or Still Image formats but at this time
there are no players that will play HighMat Video...you will understand
that better when you look at the help file

Mr Smith,

Your message is off-topic, please refrain from posting off-topic messages
in this newsgroup.

--
Best Wishes.........John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

From: "J. Daniel Smith" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VCD Menu Effects
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:14:14 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

This newsgroup is for Windows MovieMaker, which doesn't create VCDs (or DVDs
for that matter).

Dan

Back
Top