Contacts disappearing

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a user that says her contacts disappear. Her secretary has rights to her contact folder, but swears up and down that she does not delete any contacts. The user says that she will have a contact in her list and the next time she goes to use it, it is gone. She does use a Blackberry which synchs to her Outlook. I have checked and the Filters are not on at all. Any ideas? We are on Outlook 2000

Where does she go for the Contacts

If she does a new E-mail message and clicks on the To button it'll bring up the Address book. The default setting will look at the Address list and not the Contacts folder. Therefore if she has put Contacts in the Contacts folder they will only appear in the list when you select from the Drop down menu "Show Names from the:" and select Contacts

To change this default
Open the Address book
Tools>Option
Then using the drop down menu "Show this address list first:" Choose the Contacts folder

This should then mean that whenever she opens the Address book either directly or through the To button it'll open the Contacts list first

Hope this helps in some way or another

Regards
Ash.

Her contacts disappear from the Contact Folder itself. So, this is why it is confusing that the contacts she creates disappears completely. She has a contact that she bills every month. When she goes in to find this contact for the month, it is not listed. She then puts the information back in again, but still will disappear. I have checked and there are no filters attached at all. This is why I am confused. Where would a contact card go?

Back