Comunicate EXEs

  • Start date Start date

Juan

Hello:

I need to comunicate two types of EXE applications : the first one can
enable/disable features in the second one. They are in a LAN.

I'm thinking in Remoting, but I don't know if it is the rigth technology, it
seems like it is for executing a remote object in local, instead of
comunicating EXEs throught a LAN.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Juan

You could also use TcpClient / TcpListener to send simple messages back
and forth. I don't have much experience with Remoting, so I can't
comment on which approach might be better.

If there is a one way dependency, for example ExeA depends on Exe B but
Exe B can exist without Exe A, id suggest using Remoting with
SingleCall servers for messaging. But if your exes are interdependent
and communicate using messages raw you can use sockets or TcpClient and
TcpListener.

Hello!
You wrote on Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:25:09 +0100:

J> I need to comunicate two types of EXE applications : the first one can
J> enable/disable features in the second one. They are in a LAN.
J> I'm thinking in Remoting, but I don't know if it is the rigth
J> technology, it seems like it is for executing a remote object in local,
J> instead of comunicating EXEs throught a LAN.

You can use MsgConnect (http://www.msgconnect.com/) for this.

With best regards,
Eugene Mayevski

I'd suggest Remoting, the basics of remoting is very easy to setup,
it's only if you need callbacks and stuff that it gets complicated.

Regards
Senthil

Back
Top