Combo Box Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I'm having problem getting some combo boxes to work on a form. They used to work on a form I was putting together, but now they don't. When I go to use the combo box, my choices are displayed (rowsource = a table) and I can scroll to the choice, but Access is not letting me select an item from the list. I don't get an error message, just the exclamation sound. This is happening to several combo boxes I have on the same form. I've checked all of the help files and it appears that I have done everything correctly: specified Control Source, Row Source Type, Row Source, Bound Column, etc. I even tried using the combo box wizard to create the combo box and it still doesn't work. I have tried specifying in the underlying table a lookup feature, which works in the table, but not in the form (displays, but same error) and also have taken an existing field and changed it from a text box to a combo box along with changing the underlying properties. Still, nothing is working. Before I pull out all of my hair and dropkick my laptop, can someone please help me???

Sounds like corruption to me.

Try creating a new form and see if you can get a combobox to work there. If
you can, the form is probably corrupted. This is quite common in Access.

If the form is corrupted you can usually fix it pretty easily by creating a
new blank form, then opening you old form in design view. Select all
controls on your old form and copy them. Then paste them to your new form by
clicking the Detial bar then pasting.
Then you copy and paste the code from the old to the new.
Finally you set whatever form properties for the new form you had changed
from the default for the old one.

If you can't make a combo work in a new form, the whole DB might be
corrupted. This can usually be fixed by creating a new blank DB, then
importing all the objects from the old one.

Be sure to compact the DB if it has grown considerably, sometimes compacing
will fix corruption too, although mostly data corruption.

Ragnar

Back