!com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal

  • Start date Start date

this is the second time I have recieved this on my Dr. Watson after IE
crashes, I need to know if this is some code that seems to not be handling
Javascript or certian forms of html coding, because one of the websites I
visit very commonly and is on the Turner network listed here,

http://www.adultswim.com/index.html

If you find this site to have alot of problems regarding the html encoding
on there and why it keeps crashing, plus I am going to take guesses the site
has a lot of exploits because of the html coding it has and will ask me to
leave the site because of this certian issue,

Also to make this clear I have no malware, I have disabled third party
programs, and it still crashes, I am beggening to think IE6 is nearly
unusable due to the fact that it keeps crashing like this, well it is not
acceptable and would be for you to kindly guide me on what does
!com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal mean in Debugging terms or
mshtml.dll terms?

Jeff482 said:
[...]

Hi Jeff,
Here is alink to tell you about !come_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal:
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/06/0333.html
Be sure you have the Latest Java Version installed on your System to be able
to run Webpages from websites you visit have JavaScript on them.
To download the latest Java go here:
http://www.sun.com/
Go to your IE Properties and Disable Debugging in the Advanced Tab.
and try to connect and access the website, I did access it it is fine to me.
Hope this helps
Please let us know
nass

Jeff482 said:
this is the second time I have recieved this on my Dr. Watson after IE
crashes, I need to know if this is some code that seems to not be handling
Javascript or certian forms of html coding, because one of the websites I
visit very commonly and is on the Turner network listed here,

http://www.adultswim.com/index.html

That site has Macromedia Flash content.
Do you have the latest version of the Flash player for your OS?

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

First of all I like to mention it crashed on me again, same fire, most likely
same issue regarding, !com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal , which
apparnetly this following reply had told me it was Java related most likely
MS Java having problems accepting the securety updates, yet another of many
crashing bugs Microsoft is not concerned of and WILL NOT be concerned of, and
it is angering me a lot, seriously but here is the reply on it,

"Hi Jeff,
Here is alink to tell you about !come_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal:
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/06/0333.html
Be sure you have the Latest Java Version installed on your System to be able
to run Webpages from websites you visit have JavaScript on them.
To download the latest Java go here:
http://www.sun.com/
Go to your IE Properties and Disable Debugging in the Advanced Tab.
and try to connect and access the website, I did access it it is fine to me.
Hope this helps",

And I have checked marked Disable Debugging also and it still crashes, so
none of the less it is MS Java eaither having an overflowed buffer extention
problem which in a prolong time(2 days or more) it crashes, or it is being
unhandled by mshtml.dll by adverse effects of the latest IE security patches
that are already installed on my system, and I think it could be both case,

AS for issues regarding Flash, it also has had many adverse problems getting
along with the IE Security updates as well, lets say another bug Microsoft
forgot to even check which apparently causes ntdll.dll to conflict with that
add-on or it's file that it is causing the crash, here is 2 examples of the
crashes I recorded on Notepad,

Date: 3/24/2006
Time: 5:23:26 PM
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet
Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: iexplore.exe,
6.0.2800.1106, ntdll.dll, 5.0.2195.7006, 0002c57c.

And

Date: 5/8/2006
Time: 3:46:17 PM
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet
Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: iexplore.exe,
6.0.2800.1106, flash8b.ocx, 8.0.24.0, 0006d986,

it also without warning gave me this error when it had problems with it,

Date: 5/21/2006
Time: 7:14:50 AM
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet
Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: iexplore.exe,
6.0.2800.1106, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 0012e626.

And apparently Dr. Watson's log apparnetly revieled an error c0000008 whic
apparently is NOT a very good sign and apparently it was caused at times the
Flash plugin, and supposely it is eaither Invalid or Unhandled which
Microsoft never reveals this issue that much, and to say the least it also,
it nearly messed up my explorer issues too, and no this was not a virus, more
like the Flash Program is imcompatable with IE6 after all of the security
updates plus the policy changes to it's ActiveX content, which is why I
disabled it.

I hope all of this will make an understand on what is really wrong with IE6
SP1.

Date: 5/21/2006
Time: 7:14:50 AM
[...]

First of all I'm not appointed by MS or anybody here is, all the people here
are Volunteers Some of them [MVP] with high Qualifications and have their own
Jobs and some with Qualifications also or Just as hobby.
What you mention is my Reply to you. I'm nobody to MS!.
I did offer you the help accorrding to your Info, and the website as Robert
said work with Macromedia.
You have something wrong, may be it a corrupt files as DR Watson said which
is the DLL for IE, your computer may be compromised with Malware/Viruses or
third Party software.
The Information on both links, one to explain what is
!com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal for you and if I do read right I
said * Be sure you have the Latest Java* not you must install even if you
have it.
You have two Option is to Repair or Reinstall.
To register the DLL for IE here is the Commands to type in:
Open the RUN Command Again and type the Following Commands one at a time:
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll please note the space between the Regsvr32 and
thewintrust. dll extension in all cases on this line and Below.
regsvr32 Sccbase.dll
regsvr32 Msspip32.dll
regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 Rasenh.dll
regsvr32 Dssenh.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 Softpub.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Here the Link for the webpage is blank read carefully and apply as it is
Involve Editing the Registry if you don't know please do not do it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303807/
Please I hope you understand it is not MS Responsibilty, we can offer you
the solution, some work some do n't.
I hope this Info help you.
Please write back with you feedback
Regards
nass

Problem is that did not even work, and a Stack Dump Trace only resulted this
error still,

FramePtr ReturnAd Param#1 Param#2 Param#3 Param#4 Function Name
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
!com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal

And apparnetly this happened after I had installed the latest IE security
patch that resulted changes in ActiveX, CSS, and Third Party Program
extentions and it seems that it is comming up more then often and it is now
resulting in too many errors and I have had this
!com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal within the mshtml.dll extention
issue about 8 out of the 14 Dr. Watson crashes that had issued this, and it
is getting worst, so apparently my IE and possibly a few others out there who
also have this problem know that if this occors, IE and the Explorere
extentions needs to be removed for good if that is so, because that tends to
be the case here, and Microsoft Technet and MSDN are not resolving this issue
unless they would determin it was a pirated version of windows that does
this, then Firefox is the only Browser I have left.

Back
Top