COM+ Services

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi all

I have been 'playing' with COM+ services and object pooling. Using attributes to setup the class, also using manual registration. If I do not enable object pooling the component is called and executed fine. However, once I enable object pooling (manually from component services - BTW I have overridden the canbepooled method and return true), I can establish a reference to the object but as soon as I access one of the methods I receive Cannot invoke methods on IRemoteDispatch exception. Any Idea's

Think I have solved it but not sure why?

I received the problem when I allowed the runtime to create the component in COM+ without object pooling. Then manually editing the properties of the component to allow object pooling. Then on subsequent accesses I get the error.

If I use the object pooling attribute on the class, object pooling seems to get setup correctly by the runtime. Guess I have some work to do on understanding the way COM+ needs setting up manually. If we dont want to rely on this Dynamic registration under com services what other methods of registration for .NET are available.

Back