cleaning the address bar

  • Start date Start date

Hello,
I want to setup IE so, that if I leave IE, the address bar will be cleaned.

At next use, no of the visited webpages is visible anymore.
Maybe it is cleaning the history too.

How can I fix this in IE?
Thank you in advance.
Guus

Guus said:
Hello,
I want to setup IE so, that if I leave IE, the address bar will be cleaned.

At next use, no of the visited webpages is visible anymore.
Maybe it is cleaning the history too.

How can I fix this in IE?
Thank you in advance.
Guus

r.c. IE on desktop > c. Properties > show 'Days to keep in history' as 0
Apply > OK

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Thank you so far, but it is not really I liked to asked...

There is a freeware program, Diskclean, which:
CLEANS URLs in IE Address Bar

I guess that there must be a setting in IE which does the same, when you
leave IE.
Maybe you have again a solution for me.
Thank you in advance.
Guus

Guus said:
Thank you so far, but it is not really I liked to asked...

There is a freeware program, Diskclean, which:
CLEANS URLs in IE Address Bar

I guess that there must be a setting in IE which does the same, when you
leave IE.
Maybe you have again a solution for me.
Thank you in advance.
Guus

My IE Address Bar drop-down menu is always free of URLS because of the
configuration which I have given you. I know of no other way.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I think we don't understand eachother enough....
If I set the 'days to keep' into 0, than the dropdownlist is cleaned.

But...if I type e.g. 'www.p" every sites I have visited starting with
'www.p' will be suggested, like auto-add.
Maybe there IS a full functional setting; I don't want an extra program at
all.
Thank you in advance,
Guus

Hello,
Thank you, suggesting the freeware, but I think there has to be a setting of
IE, which does the same.

Deleting cookies automaticaly is such an option.
Thank you in advance,
Guus

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
This freeware program can reportedly be configured to clear many history/MRU
items when IE is closed:
IE Privacy Keeper: http://browsertools.net/IE-Privacy-Keeper/index.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Guus" wrote in message
Hello,
I want to setup IE so, that if I leave IE, the address bar will be cleaned.

At next use, no of the visited webpages is visible anymore.
Maybe it is cleaning the history too.

How can I fix this in IE?
Thank you in advance.
Guus

Go to internet options..content tab..autocomplete button and uncheck the web
address box.

--
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against wacking them around a little.

"Guus" wrote in message
Hello,
I want to setup IE so, that if I leave IE, the address bar will be cleaned.

At next use, no of the visited webpages is visible anymore.
Maybe it is cleaning the history too.

How can I fix this in IE?
Thank you in advance.
Guus

The auto-complete for web addresses you mention is stored in the History
folder's index.dat file. You'll have to delete that folder to get rid of
that file. http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm Sometimes just
clearing the History will do the trick, sometimes not. There is no setting
in IE 6 that will do this index.dat file cleansing. Here's a tool that may
help you: http://www.ccleaner.com/ - can be set to run when you restart
your computer.

If you want to disable autocomplete for web addresses, there are two
settings you have to uncheck - Tools...Internet Options...Advanced tab,
Browsing section, *and* Content tab, Autocomplete button.

Back
Top