CHMOD

  • Start date Start date

Larry H

How (where?) do I change the settings on a Windows 2000
Server useing IIS so that the CHMOD command is allowed to
change the permissions for a folder in the wwwroot
subdirectory?
TIA

Are you saying that the POSIX utilites have been installed and do not work?
Or, are you indicating that the web server has been hacked and you need to
remove files with invalid file names?
These articles may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;312148
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;315226

Joe Griffin [MS]
Windows 2000 Server Setup Team

From: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Subject: CHMOD
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:42:48 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

How (where?) do I change the settings on a Windows 2000
Server useing IIS so that the CHMOD command is allowed to
change the permissions for a folder in the wwwroot
subdirectory?
TIA

Joe, I am using CuteFTP to upload Formmail.pl to the
root/cgi-bin folder on the web server running IIS. Also
via CuteFTP, I need to send the command CHMOD 755 to the
web server. I get the message "500 'Site CHMOD 755
Formmail.pl': command not understood. So I need to
change the permissions of the /root/cgi-bin folder.
Thanks again.

From: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:42:48 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

How (where?) do I change the settings on a Windows 2000
Server useing IIS so that the CHMOD command is allowed to
change the permissions for a folder in the wwwroot
subdirectory?
TIA

OK.
However, I need to make this a simple issue. And if you don't mind, I
would like to start from the beginning.

First, do the posix commands work on the server in question. These
commands do not work natively on a Windows 2000 Server.

If you need to run full-featured UNIX tools in Windows, please obtain the
Microsoft Windows Services For Unix:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/sfu

Joe Griffin

From: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:42:48 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

How (where?) do I change the settings on a Windows 2000
Server useing IIS so that the CHMOD command is allowed to
change the permissions for a folder in the wwwroot
subdirectory?
TIA

Joe, thank you very much. This is exactly what I needed.

From: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:43:42 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

Joe, I am using CuteFTP to upload Formmail.pl to the
root/cgi-bin folder on the web server running IIS. Also
via CuteFTP, I need to send the command CHMOD 755 to the
web server. I get the message "500 'Site CHMOD 755
Formmail.pl': command not understood. So I need to
change the permissions of the /root/cgi-bin folder.
Thanks again.
Are you saying that the POSIX utilites have been installed and do not work?
Or, are you indicating that the web server has been hacked and you need to
remove files with invalid file names?
These articles may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;312148
US;315226

Joe Griffin [MS]
Windows 2000 Server Setup Team
and
confers no rights.
From: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Larry H" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:42:48 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

How (where?) do I change the settings on a Windows 2000
Server useing IIS so that the CHMOD command is allowed to
change the permissions for a folder in the wwwroot
subdirectory?
TIA

You are welcome.
Have a great day.