Changing Out Mother Board

  • Start date Start date

I appreciate any confirmation of what I intend to do. I want to change out
my MB to a faster, newer, better one. I want to take my existing, working
hard drive with Windows XP Home and use it with the new MB. From what I have
read, it sounds like all I should need to do is run XP repair install from my
window CD to get it recognized. Does this sound correct? Anything you would
advise I look out for, do different, or misunderstand?

brawn said:
I appreciate any confirmation of what I intend to do. I want to
change out my MB to a faster, newer, better one. I want to take my
existing, working hard drive with Windows XP Home and use it with the
new MB. From what I have read, it sounds like all I should need to
do is run XP repair install from my window CD to get it recognized.
Does this sound correct? Anything you would advise I look out for,
do different, or misunderstand?

A repair install often works in this circumstance, but not always. Be aware
that if it doesn't, you will have to do a clean installation, so back up
anything you can't afford to lose before you do it.

Hello,