Changing background color on MDI parent form

  • Start date Start date

Omar Llanos

How can I change the background color of an MDI form? I read in msdn that it
takes the background of windows (and not the BackColor) but I wanted to
really make sure. I know that in VC it can be done.

Thanks.

Hi Omar,

The MSDN is true, you can not change the backcolor of MDI form by
setting its backcolor property.

As a workaround, you can create a mdiclient control,changing the
mdiclient's backcolor
and add it into the mdi form, then the mdi form will display the
mdiclient's color.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Omar Llanos" <None>
| Subject: Changing background color on MDI parent form
| Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:00:47 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| How can I change the background color of an MDI form? I read in msdn that
it
| takes the background of windows (and not the BackColor) but I wanted to
| really make sure. I know that in VC it can be done.
|
| Thanks.

Back
Top