Changing Authentication Key Code

  • Start date Start date

I bought a recently made computer from an individual about 3 months ago. The
individualis no longer living in the state and I have no way to contact him
as I just paid him cash for the new system. I got the "you may be a victim of
counterfeit software" warning when I went to install my latest automatic
update. Apparently he loaded Windows XP Pro onto the system with a fake
authentication code. Is there anyway I can change the authentication code
without reinstalling Windows and losing all my other programs? Any help is
greatly appreciated!!

You go to the store anf buy the retail version. Then boot from the CD and do
a repair install and use the codes that come with what you just bought.

Thats assuming WGA is not giving a false response, which if you search win
ng's you will find a number of posts on this, and the cure.

DL said:
Thats assuming WGA is not giving a false response, which if
you search win ng's you will find a number of posts on
this, and the cure.

"Needing Assistance" <Needing

Very, very few of those claims are legitimate, if you pay
attention. 99.9% of the time it's someone trying to get around
something.

Pop

In many entries in this and other Newsgroups, folks are continually bringing
up the Windows authentication problem. If their copy is legitimate and they
have the key, WHY ARE they not contacting Microsoft directly or, in the case
of OEM, the computer manufacturer instead of posting on these Newsgroups?

Back
Top