cell size

  • Start date Start date

I work at a school and we do our attendance and grades via web interface that
connects to our internal server. When we upgraded to IE 7 the cell which
contains the students in the class went from being able to see 12 students at
a time to be able to seeing 3 students the depth of the cell where you can
view the students got smaller is there any way to increases the depth back to
way it was on IE 6 in IE 7?

Thanks,

Hello Mark,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, we are not clear what your situation is. Would you please
send me a screen shot of your situation so that I can perform further
research?

To take a screen shot:
---------------------
1. Press the Pr Scrn key once on the keyboard when the error message
appears.
2. Click Start, go to Run, enter MSPAINT in the open dialog box, and then
Click OK.
3. Use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot to the canvas.
4. From the File menu, go to Save and save it as a JPG file.
5. Send the JPG file to me as an attachment.
My mailbox: (e-mail address removed)

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: cell size
| Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 07:35:13 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| I work at a school and we do our attendance and grades via web interface
that
| connects to our internal server. When we upgraded to IE 7 the cell which
| contains the students in the class went from being able to see 12
students at
| a time to be able to seeing 3 students the depth of the cell where you
can
| view the students got smaller is there any way to increases the depth
back to
| way it was on IE 6 in IE 7?
|
| Thanks,
| --
| Mark Roshak

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your email.

After checking your email, I notice there is scroll down block in the right
of the page. Can you move the scroll block to scroll down to see all 11 or
12 student names?

From your screenshot, is this a SPS internal web site? If this is an
internal SPS web site, I also suggest you post to the following newsgroup
where other folks may have already experienced this issue.

microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver
or
microsoft.public.sharepoint.windowsservices

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: cell size
| Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:18:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| I sent you an e-mail with a screen shot
| --
| Mark Roshak
|

| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hello Mark,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > From your post, we are not clear what your situation is. Would you
please
| > send me a screen shot of your situation so that I can perform further
| > research?
| >
| > To take a screen shot:
| > ---------------------
| > 1. Press the Pr Scrn key once on the keyboard when the error message
| > appears.
| > 2. Click Start, go to Run, enter MSPAINT in the open dialog box, and
then
| > Click OK.
| > 3. Use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot to the canvas.
| > 4. From the File menu, go to Save and save it as a JPG file.
| > 5. Send the JPG file to me as an attachment.
| > My mailbox: (e-mail address removed)
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: cell size
| > | Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 07:35:13 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
| > |
| > | I work at a school and we do our attendance and grades via web
interface
| > that
| > | connects to our internal server. When we upgraded to IE 7 the cell
which
| > | contains the students in the class went from being able to see 12
| > students at
| > | a time to be able to seeing 3 students the depth of the cell where
you
| > can
| > | view the students got smaller is there any way to increases the depth
| > back to
| > | way it was on IE 6 in IE 7?
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | --
| > | Mark Roshak
| > |

The website is not sharepoint services. You can scroll through all the names
but in IE 6 you could see twelve names at one time where here you only see
three. I was hoping that there was a way to get it see twelve at a time.

I have tried to reinstall ie 6 but our wsus server keeps updating us back to
7 what would I need to turn off in wsus so that our computer don't
atmatically update to ie 7?
--
Mark Roshak

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your email.

After checking your email, I notice there is scroll down block in the right
of the page. Can you move the scroll block to scroll down to see all 11 or
12 student names?

From your screenshot, is this a SPS internal web site? If this is an
> [...]

rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: cell size
| > | Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 07:35:13 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
| > |
| > | I work at a school and we do our attendance and grades via web
interface
| > that
| > | connects to our internal server. When we upgraded to IE 7 the cell
which
| > | contains the students in the class went from being able to see 12
| > students at
| > | a time to be able to seeing 3 students the depth of the cell where
you
| > can
| > | view the students got smaller is there any way to increases the depth
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | --
| > | Mark Roshak
| > |

I sent you another e-mail of what the same webpage looks like in IE6
--
Mark Roshak

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your email.

After checking your email, I notice there is scroll down block in the right
of the page. Can you move the scroll block to scroll down to see all 11 or
12 student names?

From your screenshot, is this a SPS internal web site? If this is an
> [...]

rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: cell size
| > | Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 07:35:13 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
| > |
| > | I work at a school and we do our attendance and grades via web
interface
| > that
| > | connects to our internal server. When we upgraded to IE 7 the cell
which
| > | contains the students in the class went from being able to see 12
| > students at
| > | a time to be able to seeing 3 students the depth of the cell where
you
| > can
| > | view the students got smaller is there any way to increases the depth
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | --
| > | Mark Roshak
| > |

Hi Mark,

I have received your email.

For your current situation, please try to reset all IE7 settings to the
defaults to see if it can help

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click
Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that
you open Internet Explorer 7.
Note: If you cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES
from Internet Options in Control Panel.

923737: How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737/en-us

If the problem persists, I suspect your web site is not capable with IE7.
you may need to block IE7 deployment from WSUS. The following information
is for your reference:
Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 7
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4516A6F7-5D44-482B-
9DBD-869B4A90159C&displaylang=en

Internet Explorer 7 Blocker Toolkit: Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/updatemanagement/windowsupdate/ie7blockerto
olfaq.mspx

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?cm9zaGFrMzE=?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: cell size
| Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:55:16 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| The website is not sharepoint services. You can scroll through all the
names
| but in IE 6 you could see twelve names at one time where here you only
see
| three. I was hoping that there was a way to get it see twelve at a time.
|
| I have tried to reinstall ie 6 but our wsus server keeps updating us back
| 7 what would I need to turn off in wsus so that our computer don't
| atmatically update to ie 7?
| --
| Mark Roshak
|

| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Mark,
| >
| > Thanks for your email.
| >
| > After checking your email, I notice there is scroll down block in the
right
| > of the page. Can you move the scroll block to scroll down to see all 11
or
| > 12 student names?
| >
| > From your screenshot, is this a SPS internal web site? If this is an
| > internal SPS web site, I also suggest you post to the following
newsgroup
| > where other folks may have already experienced this issue.
| >
| > microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver
| > or
| > microsoft.public.sharepoint.windowsservices
| >
| > Thanks for your understanding.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------