Cd burning tools

mike ring

Not too long ago (a month, two?) someone recommended a CD burning package
which was a GUI based on something like open source cd burning tools.

I d/led it and thought it was excellent.

The bad news ie that I just had a hard drive failure, and although my
trusty Maxtor had nearly everything on, I've lost this prog,; I would love
to find it again, but I haven't benn able to remember enough for google to
be my friend,

It was something like "cdfre tools", and was a set of tools and a windows
GUI.

I hope the poster can remember, or perhaps someone else, and tell me, I'd
love to find them again.

TIA

mike

David Cox

Not too long ago (a month, two?) someone recommended a CD burning package
which was a GUI based on something like open source cd burning tools.

snip<

TIA

mike
Mike,

Could it be one of these.

DeepBurner
Burnatonce
CDBurnerXP

David

Susan Bugher

mike said:
Not too long ago (a month, two?) someone recommended a CD burning package
which was a GUI based on something like open source cd burning tools.

I d/led it and thought it was excellent.

The bad news ie that I just had a hard drive failure, and although my
trusty Maxtor had nearly everything on, I've lost this prog,; I would love
to find it again, but I haven't benn able to remember enough for google to
be my friend,

It was something like "cdfre tools", and was a set of tools and a windows
GUI.

I hope the poster can remember, or perhaps someone else, and tell me, I'd
love to find them again.

maybe

Program: CDR Tools Front End
Author: (Demosten)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.demosten.com/cdrfe/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

jmatt

More to check.

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
CDBurnerXP Pro works on Windows 98/ME/2000/XP systems. Freeware.
Install without .NET
http://cdburnerxp.se/help/install-without-dotnet

Micro
http://www.silentnight2004.com/Download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Silentnight-Micro-CD-Burner.shtml
SILENTNIGHT MICRO CD BURNER

DeepBurner
http://freeware.it-mate.co.uk/default.asp?Cat=Multimedia
http://www.deepburner.com/
http://www.sixfiles.com/dbase/fr-system-utilities/cd-dvd-burners
Win95,Win98,WinME,WinXP,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000

HT Fireman
http://www.sixfiles.com/dbase/fr-system-utilities/cd-dvd-burners#
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP

Burn to the Brim
http://bttb.sourceforge.net/
http://bttb.sourceforge.net/overview.html
http://www.softlandmark.com/freewar...res/Burn_To_The_Brim_2.6.1/htm/node/836.html/

abCD
http://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/downloads/crx10ua2/SonyabCD1.6.184Setup.exe

Prassi's abCD from Sony. Small, uninstalls cleanly.
http://sony.storagesupport.com/cgi-bin/sonysupport.cgi/XWranmS1Nkz0yu2oCGqVr32=aYopkNRf/faq/list/7
User guide
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico/Prassi abCD manual.zip

Express Burn
http://www.nch.com.au/burn/
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.html
Windows 95/NT4/98/2000/Me/XP/2003

RAW CD Copy
http://www.pctip.ch/downloads/dl/22843.asp
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=...lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.comp.freeware&start=25

Easy Burning
http://www.dpaehl.de/
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Easy_Burning/1075862930/1
http://www.softlandmark.com/freewar...ning_Softwares/EasyISO_1.3/htm/node/973.html/

XPBURN & EASY ISO CREATOR
http://www.paehl.de/home.htm
http://www.paehl.de/xpburn.zip

QUICKBURN
http://ghosthunter.6x.to/
http://ghosthunter.gh.funpic.de/programs/quickburn.zip

Sun CD/DVD Burner
http://204.202.11.203/home/01smithpage.htm
http://204.202.11.203/home/sunburner/setup.exe

The New Fileorder
http://tnfo.delta-arts.de/indexengl.htm
http://www.myfreewares.com/software-14522-the-new-fileorder-free-download.html
http://tnfo.delta-arts.de/indexengl.htm
http://translate.google.com/transla...ev=/search?q=The+New+Fileorder&hl=en&lr=&sa=G
http://tnfo.delta-arts.de/anleitungeng.htm
http://translate.google.com/transla...ev=/search?q=The+New+Fileorder&hl=en&lr=&sa=G
http://translate.google.com/transla...ev=/search?q=The+New+Fileorder&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

Zilla CD-DVD Rip & Burn
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Audio-CD-DVD-Burning/Zilla-CD-DVD-Rip-N-Burn.shtml
http://www.brothersoft.com/Multimedia_Graphics_DVD_Zilla_CDDVD_Rip_N_Burn_25829.html
http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/AntiVirus/Review_32813_index.html
http://www.dirfile.com/publisher/zillasoft-ws.html
Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP

Burn4Free Installs spyware & a search bar.
http://www.burn4free.com/
http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php?page=18&cat=005
http://www.sixfiles.com/dbase/fr-system-utilities/cd-dvd-burners#
Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003

Frank Bohan

mike ring said:
Not too long ago (a month, two?) someone recommended a CD burning package
which was a GUI based on something like open source cd burning tools.

I d/led it and thought it was excellent.

The bad news ie that I just had a hard drive failure, and although my
trusty Maxtor had nearly everything on, I've lost this prog,; I would love
to find it again, but I haven't benn able to remember enough for google to
be my friend,

It was something like "cdfre tools", and was a set of tools and a windows
GUI.

I hope the poster can remember, or perhaps someone else, and tell me, I'd
love to find them again.

TIA

mike

It's not what you were looking for, but I've just installed Express Burn and
Express Rip and first impressions are favourable. You might like to take a
look.

http://www.nch.com.au/burn
http://www.nch.com.au/rip

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Men are like copiers: You need them for reproduction, but that's about
it.

Simon

In our last episode mike ring wrote:

<snip>

Mike

sounds like it could have been CDR tools (google for it, it's easy to
find...)

mike ring

maybe

Program: CDR Tools Front End
Author: (Demosten)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.demosten.com/cdrfe/

Susan

Thanks, Susan, I don't think that was the site, but it is the prog.

Of course it doesn't work, but folk memories of ASPI n SCSI.

It did need a bit of kicking, I see it's got Cygwin, (whatever that
is)which I had to get separately last time.

I'll have a go at getting it running tomorrow, it was a sweet little prog.

mike

cmdrdata

Fran said:
Take a look at cdrtfe
http://home.arcor.de/kerberos002/cdrtfe/index_en.html

also gui based, but more powerful than the one mentioned here.

This request for a burning tool makes we wonder about the many programs
available to do so. I like the simple startup look of cdrftfe (looked
like a Nero start without all the colors/icons). I used to like microCD
for its simple, quick startup of just selecting a folder then clicked
Burn ( no longer that way and going payware), and now I have been using
CDBXPPro. Have any of you compare each off the popular ones and why you
settle for a particular one? Thanks.

mike ring

Take a look at cdrtfe
http://home.arcor.de/kerberos002/cdrtfe/index_en.html

also gui based, but more powerful than the one mentioned here.
THAT's IT!

Many thanks, Fran.

I've tried a lot, a few are excellent, and many thanks to those that
mentioned them (also what seemed like hundreds were adware, spyware etc)
but this one just did the job, whatever I needed, whatever burner I was
using (3 different on 2 computers) and pretty small.

I think I hadn't had it quite long enough to make sure I had archived it or
could find it again, and the name is ....unmemorable; when googling I
mixed up the letters!

Thanks again

Susan Bugher

THAT's IT!
I think I hadn't had it quite long enough to make sure I had archived it or
could find it again, and the name is ....unmemorable; when googling I
mixed up the letters!

That's not the only source of confusion. These two apps have the same
name, depending on where you look:

http://home.arcor.de/kerberos002/
Author: Oliver Valencia

screen shot: cdrtools Front End
cdrtfe
cdrtfe - cdrtools
cdrtfe - cdrtools Frontend

http://www.demosten.com/cdrfe/
Author: Demosten

CDR Tools Front End
screen shot: CDR Tools [Front End]

but. . . the cdrtools site:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html

on this page:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdb.html

shows:
CDRFe - Cdrecord Win32 Frontend
http://demosten.com/cdrfe/

Feel better about your confusion now? ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware