Can't open contacts in distribution list sent via email

A co-worker sent me a distribution list as an attachment in an email. We
don't use a Microsoft Exchange Server, so we don't have a Global Contacts
list. I moved the distribution list to my contacts folder but now I can't
open any of the contacts on that distribution list. I keep getting an error
message that says "Could not find contact "xyz". It may have been deleted or
moved from it's original location. Would you like to remove it from this
list?" How can I get access to the contacts on the distribution list that
was sent? Do I need to perform some type of import function or something?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Sounds perfectly normal to me. DL's do not contain Contact Records. They
contain a list of email addresses. You got what you were sent.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:[email protected]...

So in order to get the contact information and not just the email addresses,
does the sender have to forward each contact individually as a vcard? Is
there a way to bulk several contacts together and foward them at once?

Russ Valentine said:
[...]

You can forward them as Outlook Items.