can't get to a secured site

G

Have been to this site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444&Product=winxp

and tried every single step that it suggests. Having problems getting on to a secure site. This particular site is the only secure site that I am unable to access. I get Page Cannot be Displayed error every single time. I'm running xp, have cox cable for internet, and ie 6.0. I can get to all of my secured banking sites but all of a sudden, can't get to my 401k site, which is a secure site. Have checked all my internet settings. set the page url to "trusted" site. Have tried to get on with my zone alarm disabled, my avg disabled, my pop-up blocker disabled. I have tried everything I know but still can't get to this one particular site. Any suggestions???

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

For Internet Explorer assistance:

Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

| Have been to this site:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444&Product=winxp
|
| and tried every single step that it suggests. Having problems getting on to a secure site. This particular
site is the only secure site that I am unable to access. I get Page Cannot be Displayed error every single
time. I'm running xp, have cox cable for internet, and ie 6.0. I can get to all of my secured banking sites
but all of a sudden, can't get to my 401k site, which is a secure site. Have checked all my internet settings.
set the page url to "trusted" site. Have tried to get on with my zone alarm disabled, my avg disabled, my
pop-up blocker disabled. I have tried everything I know but still can't get to this one particular site. Any
suggestions???

G

Doesn't happen to be www.Fidelity.com does it? I have clients there whose money we invest and I've been knocked off of the Fidelity site several times. They're not very helpful with it either. They always blame it on my service provider, but I have 3 different providers and none of them work with this computer but all 3 of them work with my other laptop. Both are Win XP and the exact same version of internet explorer. I think it's something in Windows. Can't get there with Netscape browser either.

G

I am having the same problem trying to access symantec secured site to buy 2004 upgrade;( this is after I got Security Alerts and tried to resolve those!) says my browser doesn't support it but I have checked everything. I have played with this for 5 days and most likely will have to pay for tech support. Did you get any help yet?

Ask a Question