can't finish video

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I made a 16.68 MB video on Movie Maker and I am not able to save it to my computer. I open the Save Movie Wizard and get to the Movie Setting screen and hit "Next" to save the movie, but the process is unsuccessful. It is estimating the time remaining, and then abruptly stops with an error saying that WMM cannot save the movie to the specified location. I am told to verify that the original soruce files are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough disk space available. All of these conditions check out; all of the files are present, I have tried several save directories with the same result, and I have 2.32 GB of free hard disk space. This happens with every movie I make, no matter how simple or complicated they are. Please help me if possible

Thanks
Joe Miller

Joe,

There's a number of things that might be the issue. See the Problem Solving
Can't Save a Movie page of my site.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org

cityoflight said:
I made a 16.68 MB video on Movie Maker and I am not able to save it to my
computer. I open the Save Movie Wizard and get to the Movie Setting screen
and hit "Next" to save the movie, but the process is unsuccessful. It is
estimating the time remaining, and then abruptly stops with an error saying
that WMM cannot save the movie to the specified location. I am told to
verify that the original soruce files are still available, that the saving
location is still available, and that there is enough disk space available.
All of these conditions check out; all of the files are present, I have
tried several save directories with the same result, and I have 2.32 GB of
free hard disk space. This happens with every movie I make, no matter how
simple or complicated they are. Please help me if possible!

Try updating your windows media player to version 9, both WMP & WMM share a dll file that need updating, updating windows media player to version

----- cityoflight wrote: ----

I made a 16.68 MB video on Movie Maker and I am not able to save it to my computer. I open the Save Movie Wizard and get to the Movie Setting screen and hit "Next" to save the movie, but the process is unsuccessful. It is estimating the time remaining, and then abruptly stops with an error saying that WMM cannot save the movie to the specified location. I am told to verify that the original soruce files are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough disk space available. All of these conditions check out; all of the files are present, I have tried several save directories with the same result, and I have 2.32 GB of free hard disk space. This happens with every movie I make, no matter how simple or complicated they are. Please help me if possible

Thanks
Joe Miller

Back