can't find the Content.IE5 subdirectories

  • Start date Start date

Matt

Every morning we ran our anit-virus and every morning if
scans about 5000 files that I can't seem to find.
The path says that they are in C:\Documents and
Settings\staff\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files,
but when I explorer this directory I can't find any
folders.

Is this a new thing with Windows XP or Internet Explorer 6?

Hi,
The AV scan is probably finding files in the content.ie5 folder. This is (in
XP) a well hidden folder in the TIF folder. You can view it, in other user
accounts, if logged in as administrator and hidden/system files are visible.

I would clear the TIF before running the scan, just to save time. Internet
Options> General> Delete files and delete offline content (when that window
pops up.) You might also limit the TIF folder to 50-60 MB (settings.)

It's not a bad idea to occasionally delete the TIF folder. You may have
corruption which is preventing it from clearing complete.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Matt" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Back
Top