cant delete link

  • Start date Start date

Mike

When I clear history, delete cookies, and delete temp
files (including offline) I still have a link that will
not stop coming up in the address bar (due to
autocomplete being on) when I start typing a similar
address, no matter what I do it will not go away. The
link is for something not sounding very family friendly,
and I wish it gone. Can someone help me get rid of it.
thanks, MIke

The way I clear the URL's in IE's address bar and commands in the RUN box under the START button in XP is:

Right-click Taskbar> Properties> Start Menu tab> XP or Classic View Customize button> Advanced tab> Clear List button> Apply button that is highlighted.

In Win98 I think it was:

Right-click Taskbar> Properties> Clear Recent Documents button.

This would delete ALL the entries, you could not delete a single one.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message This URL is probably coming from the index.dat file in the History folder.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Don

Your Clear List idea did not work. I dont want to
download some program loaded with who knows what to
delete this link. It is being stored somewhere and I
should be able to delete it myself. Can anyone help me?

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

.

I don't know whether this may help but...:

Start / execute / regedit (in the box) / ENTER

Then: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerTypedURLs

Eliminate the odd one.

Did it work?

Luck

.

Didnt work either, just the Default file is there after I
clear history. This is frustrating. Thanks for all the
help, keep the ideas coming.

.

.

1-As you said temp files, history, cookies and bin??? have been deleted,
is that URL present even after running CWS Shredder, Ad-Aware SE and (not
or) Spybot?

2-Are you using an antivirus with firewall?

Ask again if this issue can't be solved. Luck :-)

.

.

Back
Top