Can't add Titles

  • Start date Start date

I was able to add titles when I tried MM2 a couple months back. Now it
doesn't work on either my laptop or desktop PC's. Laptop is running WinXP Pro
and desktop is running WinXP Home.
Has anyone else had trouble with this?

kc0fqs said:
I was able to add titles when I tried MM2 a couple months back. Now it
doesn't work on either my laptop or desktop PC's. Laptop is running WinXP Pro
and desktop is running WinXP Home.
Has anyone else had trouble with this?

I upgraded to Windows XP after Xmas, Home edition version 2002 Service
Pack 2 and am unable to add titles or credits etc. I'm going to try
reinstalling Windows Xp first.

kc0fqs said:
I was able to add titles when I tried MM2 a couple months back. Now it
doesn't work on either my laptop or desktop PC's. Laptop is running WinXP Pro
and desktop is running WinXP Home.
Has anyone else had trouble with this?

I have the same problem, if you click 'done' nothing happens, if you
press 'Enter' as people suggest, all that happens is that you get an
extra line feed-cr in the title line and still nothing happens.

Strange problem. A few things you can try:

It's possible the system has incorrectly placed the titling transform on
it's ignore list.
1. Make sure Movie maker is shutdown.
2. Choose "Start" | "Run"
3. Type "regedit.exe" (no quotes) and Enter.
4. In Regedit, navigate to the following keys, and delete them (as well
as any child nodes they may contain):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\{CC7BFB46-F175-11D1-A392-00
E0291F3959}

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\{CC7BFB47-F175-11D1-A392-00
E0291F3959}
5. Launch MM and look to see if you've got your titles back.

There could be a problem with the titling transform not being registered or
registered incorrectly.
1. In the Start->Run box copy and run these lines:
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2fxa.dll"
regsvr32 "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2fxa.dll"

You might try adjusting your video acceleration trouble shooting setting:
1. In the control panel open the Display panel.
2. Choose the Settings tab on the Display panel.
3. Choose the Troubleshoot tab on the settings dialog.
4. Slide the Hardware acceleration slider one to the left.
5. Close and Re-open Movie Maker

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Cheers,
Mike [MS]