Can't activate cookies

  • Start date Start date

Since yesterday, hotmail told me my cookies are not activated when I try
logging.

I don't know what to do exactely:

I went in the Internet Option menu.
In the Confidentiality tab I checked the options to disable cookies
automatic management and checked all the option I need

In the security tab there is no option concerning cookies.

Has anybody any idea?
I have IE 6.0 cwith it's security patches

Thank you

Hi,
First try these steps:
1. Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete files
(and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often recommended
that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)
2. Browse to your Cookies folder and delete any cookies from hotmail, msn or
passport. (Or delete all cookies.)
3. Cookie options are at Internet Options> Privacy. A setting of Low or
Medium should allow these cookies. If you select a Privacy setting other
that "accept all" or "block all" you can use the Edit button to accept or
block cookies from selected sites.
4. Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
cookies.

Additional cookies articles:
814141 - Error Message Your Web Browser Options Are Currently Set to Disable
Cookies...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814141
Q175662 - Error Message Not Accepting Cookies:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q175662
299331 - Web Site Reports That You Must Enable Cookies:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299331
Q315207 - Error Message Cannot Open Webpage Because Cookies Are Not Enabled:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315207
Q317689 - Error Message Your Browser Is Not Currently Set to Accept Cookies:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q317689
and
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#cookies

Hope this helps,
Don
[MVP- IE/OE]

"Fred" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

thank you

It's strange, the issue disappeared this aftenoon. I don't know what I did
special!!

"Fred" wrote in message
Since yesterday, hotmail told me my cookies are not activated when I try
logging.

I don't know what to do exactly:

I went in the Internet Option menu.
In the Confidentiality tab I checked the options to disable cookies
automatic management and checked all the option I need

In the security tab there is no option concerning cookies.

Has anybody any idea?
I have IE 6.0 with it's security patches

Thank you

Back
Top