Cannot read second HDD partiton after re installing windows 2000 pro

  • Start date Start date

Adam

Re installed win2k pro and now can no longer access the
second partition of my hdd. How can I regain access.

Thanks

How did you create the other partition? Programs such as
Partition Magic have a utility to unhide a hidden
partition.

Hi, Adam.

Are you using Disk Management? At the Run prompt, type: diskmgmt.msc

Tell us what you see there.

RC

Hello Adam,
I assume the second partition is formatted NTFS. Have you checked to see
if the Everyone Group has full permissions. The worse case is that you
need to take ownership of the drive if it is a permissions issue.
If it is an issue with the partition table or boot sector, you can use
disprobe to resolve the issue. However, you need to be proficient with
this tool.
Joe Griffin [MS]
From: "Adam" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Adam" <[email protected]>
Subject: Cannot read second HDD partiton after re installing windows 2000
pro
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:11:13 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

Re installed win2k pro and now can no longer access the
second partition of my hdd. How can I regain access.

Thanks

Back
Top