Cannot Capture

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a Hauppauge TV Tuner Card, WinTV-To-Go. I've been searching for a way to capture video/audio to save shows/movies to my hard drive and then possibly burning to CD-R or DVD. I stumbled on to WMM2 and downloaded. I click on the "capture from video device" and get the following:
The device is not responding. Close any other application that is using the device and try capturing again.
But there are no applications currently using the device. I click OK and then get this other box that says:
The video device cannot be used at this time because there has been an error when starting the device.
Behind this box is the capture video wizard but when I click OK they both disappear. No devices are listed in the wizard at all. I've tried to capture while I'm running WinTV 2000 and get the following:
The video device is currently is use. Close any other application that is using the device and try again.
That is what I would expect at this time. I click OK and the the other box appears and says the same message as before:
The video device cannot be used at this time because there has been an error when starting the device.
Any advice or ideas as the what is going on and how I can correct this behavior?

Yeah, it doesn't seem like anyone has an answer for us. Anyway, I just thought I would post some info for you since I finally got it to work for me in some way. I have the WinTV-To-Go TV Tuner Card in my computer. I also have an ATI Radeon Video card in my computer. I had always wanted to have my WinTV to work with the GEM Plus Guide in the little window. No luck. However, they have come out with a brand new version of their media center software and I was able to use this for my TV needs, ie recording, etc. I can even watch tv while surfing with something called desktop tv. It's like a transparent desktop where the tv is in the background but you can still click on things and the such. I don't know if this would work for you. I had to un-install the Hauppauge software and it finally showed up in MM. I hope this helps a little.

Hi there Thanks For the Info, I did manage to get it working in a fasion , Came up with an error at first but i chainged the capture codec. it now works on and off. its looks like the microsoft codec for the card is wrong,,,,,,, where do i get the softwhere from that you are useing? bye for now Harry

ATI's MMC 9.2 is available at their website, www.ati.com, under the support link. There you can select which OS version your using and what not. This may or may not work for you. I'm not sure if you must have an ATI video card installed or not. I do have one installed.

Back