Cannot capture neither create movies anymore

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi everyone. Just suddenly, I cannot capture video anymore from my Panasonic camcorder neither create a movie after having edited it. The hardware link is fine because I did a video test capture with VideStudio and it worked ok.
For the first problem I'm getting "Capturing profiles cannot be found" and for the latter, on the Save Movie Wizard, "No LOC needed - Autolayout placeholder string".
And when I try to save the movie (to the PC), the screen is overlayed with text from other options... And it goes to an endless loop where I'm getting (randomly) 30611855 more or less minutes to create a 13 minutes movie!!!
I've re-installed MM2, re-booted the PC and re-launched MM but with same results as before.
Earlier, I received a Windows XP error message that a "mscoree.dll" was missing (which I've managed to download and re-install back).
Thx for your help if someone has an idea how to solve this mistery.
Enrique

Same... my cannon MV500i always had no problems and now when I go to capture from the DV... just after you name the file an dpick the location to save it... hit next... and a window says "Capturing profiles cannot be found".

Read somewhere windows media player conflicts if you have a TV card installed (which I have just added)... so looking for a work around...

Back