Cannot bring up "My Computer"

Brian10488

Since a few days ago...I haven't been able to bring up My Computer.
When i click on "My computer", it brings up the explorer but it just
show the Flashlight/folder animation. I can't get to folders and
files, but i have to type them in on the address bar. I've done a
virus scan, spyware scan...and don't know what else to do. I tried
System Restore but that didn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

HeeroYuy

Brian10488 said:
Since a few days ago...I haven't been able to bring up My Computer.
When i click on "My computer", it brings up the explorer but it just
show the Flashlight/folder animation. I can't get to folders and
files, but i have to type them in on the address bar. I've done a
virus scan, spyware scan...and don't know what else to do. I tried
System Restore but that didn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

What programs have you loaded in the past few days? How long have you waited
for My Computer to fully show up?

doodle

Brian10488 said:
Since a few days ago...I haven't been able to bring up My Computer.
When i click on "My computer", it brings up the explorer but it just
show the Flashlight/folder animation. I can't get to folders and
files, but i have to type them in on the address bar. I've done a
virus scan, spyware scan...and don't know what else to do. I tried
System Restore but that didn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

try this link
http://tinyurl.com/bu57h

Brian10488

--
Brian10488

What programs have you loaded in the past few days? How long have yo
waited
for My Computer to fully show up?

it usually takes about 2 minutes. I tried doing the microsof
solution...but that didn't hel

I also am having this problem, as well as my LAN and High Speed Internet
Connection no longer exists in my "Connections" screen and my System Restore
dates are there, but won't work. They give a message saying "Restore
Incomplete" and nothing changes.

I've been checking around and apparently a lot of people have had these
symptoms in the last few days. Most be something going around. I still have
no solution.

Will post if I get one.

Richard in AZ

Try going to the Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services and turn
off
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

HeeroYuy

Spoon said:
I also am having this problem, as well as my LAN and High Speed Internet
Connection no longer exists in my "Connections" screen and my System
Restore
dates are there, but won't work. They give a message saying "Restore
Incomplete" and nothing changes.

I've been checking around and apparently a lot of people have had these
symptoms in the last few days. Most be something going around. I still
have
no solution.

Will post if I get one.

It sounds like you need to run Chkdsk to "Automatically fix file system
errors." To do this, open My Computer, right click on the C: drive, and
select properties. Go to the Tools tab and press the first button that says
"Check Now." Then, checkmar the top box (Automatically fix file system
errors) and click start. You'll need to reboot to kickstart Chkdsk to
perform the function you intended. Hopefully this helps.

Brian10488

:

Brian10488 Wrote:
Since a few days ago...I haven't been able to bring up My Computer.
When i click on "My computer", it brings up the explorer but it just
show the Flashlight/folder animation. I can't get to folders and
files, but i have to type them in on the address bar. I've done a
virus scan, spyware scan...and don't know what else to do. I tried
System Restore but that didn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

try this link
http://tinyurl.com/bu57h

I'm having the EXACT same symptoms. Interesting. I've run McAfee
anti-virus, ad-aware and similar spy-ware removal apps. none seem to
work. Plus, I can't get on AOL